TRITIYA SOPAN WRITTEN TEST (20 Marks)
1. Name the hitch used by the highwaymen in olden days.(1) Highwayman’s hitch / draw hitch
2. Which knot is used by firemen to rescue people in fire / under collapsed building. (1)
Fireman’s Chair knot
3. How many square lashings are there in a Trestle? (1) Eight
4. Name any two methods of estimating heights/depths.(1)
1. Inch to foot method 2) Centimeter to meter method 3) Paper fold method 4) NorthIindian method 5) Lopstick method 6)
5) What is choking?(1)
Severe difficulty in breathing because of a constricted or obstructed throat (materials went into your windpipe
6) What is the first aid for fainting? (2)
•Fainting is a medical emergency, till proven otherwise. When a person feels faint- Make them sit down or lie down; If sitting, position head between knees ; when a person faints, position him on his back ; Check to see if airways are clear ; Restore blood flow by Loosening clothing/belts/collars ; Elevate feet above head level ; Patient should become normal within a minute , If not, seek medical help ; Check if breathing/pulse is normal ; If not, do Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
7) What is a fracture? (1)
A partial or complete breakage of bone
8) A book of maps is called as an Atlas(1)
9) Write any two types of map scale.(1)
1. Statement Method 2) RF Method (Representative Fraction) 3) Linear Scale
10) What is the first aid for electric shock? (2)
•The victim usually gets stuck to the source of the electricity, and it is important that you first separate him from the electrical source.
•Turn off the power supply switch and disconnect the plug. It’s best to simply turn off the main power supply or pull out the fuse. Often, simply turning off the switch may not stop the flow of electricity.
•In certain circumstances it may be quicker to simply pull the victim away from the electrical source.
•Do NOT touch the victim with your bare hands, or the electric current will pass through you as well.
•If you are barefoot, stand of some clothes or any hand non-conductive material like wood or paper. Make sure you are not standing on anything that is wet.
•Throw a blanket over the victim and try to separate him from the source. Maje sure you don’t touch him though. You could also use dry, nonconductive material such as a wooden broom handle or a chair to separate the victim from the live current. whatever is handy.
•Once the victim has been separated, check to see if he is breathing. If breathing has stopped or seems slow, administer CPR immediately.
•Let his head be slightly lower than the rest of the body, and raise his legs.
•Cover the victim with a blanket.
•Move the victim as little as possible. He may have suffered injuries to his spine and neck.
•If the victim has a burn, remove the clothing from the burned area (unless it’s stuck to the skin) and rinse it in cool, running water. Cover the burn with a dressing.
•Don’t apply ice or any other ointment or cotton dressing to the burn.
•Call for emergency medical attention as soon as possible
11) Contour lines join the places of same/equal altitude/height from the mean sea level in a map.(1)
12) What is the use of gridlines in a map? (1)
To locate a place by the intersection of longitudes and latitudes ( Northins and eastings)
13) Write any one map making method.(1)
Triangulation, Plane Table and Road Traverse methods.
14) What two proficiency badges you have earned in Tritiya Sopan, one each from Group A and Group B? (2)
Group A; i) Civil Defense ii) Community Worker iii) Pioneer iv) World Conservation
Group B ; i) Citizen ii) Book Binder iii) Naturalist iv) Path finder
15) Name the activity you have completed in tritiya Sopan.(1)
(i) Talk on National Integration to your Group. / (ii) Talk in a Troop Campfire or tell the story of a Prophet. / (iii) Discuss in your Patrol-in-Council how Scouting develops National Integration. / (iv) Lead your Patrol to a nearby place of historical/social/religious or industrial importance and discuss about, what it speaks of.
16) When was Bharat Scouts and Guides formed? (1) Nov.7, 1950 17) Who is the District Chief Commissioner of your district? (1)
Mrs.Geothi Nair, Principal, KV AFS Trivandrum